Junk email sucks.
It’s real annoying.
But as a Marketer, I’m always hearing about the importance of E-Blasts and email marketing.
So now I’m faced with a challenge:
How do I make an email marketing campaign that I, myself, wouldn’t be annoyed with?
I had come up with a few tips and tricks on my own, and I was delighted to find that those same tips and tricks were mentioned in http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/tips-emailing-busy-people!
- Research your recipients.
- Ask yourself, ‘Will they actually care about what I’m telling them?’ Then act accordingly.
- Create the perfect subject line.
- Turn on your adorable, witty charm to make them like you.
Some other great ideas I learned from this blog post are:
- Show the recipient that this can be a win-win; you don’t just want something from them.
- Clearly express your authority, but don’t be obnoxious.
- Be very specific in what you want, and what you can reciprocate.
- Communicate your genuine appreciation.
Basically, don’t treat your reader like a statistic or a number.
Treat them like you would treat a customer..
Because you actually want them to be your customer.
That’s kind of the point.
- Dani 😉 🙂 😀